⛔ This position is no longer available
- 9th June 2020. Selected Stage 2 candidates were contacted via email for an interview, which will be the last part of the process.
- 8th June 2020. Stage 2 submissions have closed. We will start reviewing Stage 2 applications and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- 1st June 2020. Stage 1 has completed – Big thanks to everyone who applied. Selected candidates have been contacted for Stage 2.
Zenva is a fast-paced and growing startup. Centered around online education with a focus on technology, we teach a wide variety of game development and other programming-related subjects. Our courses have been taken by over 500,000 learners worldwide and the quality of our work has been recognized by companies such as Facebook (Oculus), Intel, and Unity Technologies.
Our customers are self-driven, life-long learners, and our vibrant range of online courses empower them to advance their careers and reach their goals.
Zenva’s mission is to allow anyone to make a positive impact in the world through technology and games.
As our Customer Success Officer, you’ll be the first point of contact between our customers and the company. You’ll help to lead our customers through the entire customer journey – from their first encounter with our storefront, to how they use our platform, and even engaging with them about the things that they’ve achieved after taking our courses. First and foremost, you’ll be there to help our learners reach their goals, and have a world-class learning experience.
You’ll be able to quickly assume the company’s voice, and adapt to the different ways in which we engage with our various channels, including our customer support desk, social media, blog articles, and more.
Additionally, you’ll have a keen eye for editing, will thrive in a work culture that values open feedback and cross-checking between various team members, and have a detail-oriented mindset that will allow you to fully document your tasks and processes.
Finally, you won’t be afraid to innovate, improve your processes based upon data-driven research, or adapt within a company that constantly changes in order to stay on the cutting edge of this quickly-evolving industry.
- Supporting our customers via our ticket system on Zendesk. Topics will include things such as account access and e-commerce-related enquiries
- Posting updates, moderating, and responding to comments on Facebook, Twitter, and other social channels
- Researching and writing Learner Success articles that highlight the achievements of our users and help to inspire our broader community
- Gathering insights from these interactions and using them to expand our internal and external documentation, and helping to improve our customer processes and templates
- Helping to revise and edit internal communications and documents
- Ad hoc requests in different areas such as data entry, writing, research, and email outreach
Customer tickets and social comments need to be handled on a daily basis (on weekdays). During large promotional events (4-5 per year) extra support is needed at launch time (this might be late at night in your timezone) and on weekends.
Skills and Experience
- Capable of strong interpersonal skills, empathy, and professionalism in a fully remote, primarily text-based customer and team environment
- Problem-solving skills. Must be able to troubleshoot complex customer issues by following our processes, and to promptly identify and communicate when something needs to be escalated
- Native-level English proficiency. Excellent writing and editing skills. Ability to adapt to various degrees of etiquette across a wide range of mediums, social channels, and contexts
- Advanced computer literacy. Must be able to work across different web-based tools and services (Google Docs, Trello, Slack, WordPress), and to pick up new technologies quickly
- Prior experience in any of the following: customer success, customer support, IT help desks or similar, online community management
- Genuine passion for technology, games, and/or education.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Zendesk
- Worked in both B2C and B2B settings
- Has at the very least attempted to learn coding before this job ad was posted
- Facebook Page management
- If you have any other superpower or solid experience let us know!
- Remote position, however you are welcome to work from our office if you live in Brisbane.
- The role needs around 10-15 hours per week, with plenty of opportunities to grow further within the company
- At least one support session is needed per weekday (usually 45-90 min). Other than that, you can schedule your remaining hours as suits you best
- We use Hubstaff’s automated time tracking solution.
If this role resonates with you and you are ready to join us on our mission feel free to apply using the link below!