⛔ This position is no longer available.
We are looking for an experience mobile developer with both native (Android, iOS) and hybrid (Cordova, Ionic 4) skills, to help us finish our Ionic app which allows people to watch video tutorials with offline video playback capabilities.
The work will consist, firstly, in integrating the third-party video player Bitmovin (it’s ok if you’ve never used it before). We need to be able to stream and play videos with this player. Then, you will develop a Cordova plugin to run this native code from Ionic. We’ll do Android first, then iOS. The videos are hosted on Azure and have DRM (we will provide all details).
We will need help integrating this Cordova plugin into our Ionic app and customizing the player. After that, you’ll help us with several tweaks to the logic and UX of our Ionic app.
– Solid native Android and iOS skills
– Experience with developing or modifying Cordova plugins
– Ionic 4 / Angular
– Git & Github
– Experience with video player is not a must, although it helps
– Must have at least 15 hours / week available for this job, ideally more — we are looking to move very fast here.
– We are looking for someone who can work and resolve problems independently. We normally provide feedback only 1/day and not in real-time
– If selected, we will do a small fixed-price trial job first
– We are looking for long-term collaboration. See our past Upwork history.
– Must sign NDA