3D Programming with WebGL and Babylon.js for Beginners
Upgrade your skills and become future-ready by incorporating 3D technologies in your web development belt
In this course you will learn the basic concepts of WebGL and how to program 3D web applications using Babylon.js. We’ll follow a very practical approach so that you won’t only learn to create really cool 3D scenes and animations, but also you’ll learn how to use existing 3D models from Blender in Babylon.js apps, and how to incorporate Babylon.js apps into existing websites.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the basic tools to undertake innovative projects such as:
- 3D games in the browser.
- Educational websites using 3D models (planetary systems, models of the human body, animals).
- 3D data visualization.
- E-commerce stores that showcase 3D designs of the products they sell.
- Real estate websites where the visitor can walk in a 3D model of the house.
- Virtual reality projects.
Concepts covered in this course:
- What is WebGL and how it works(*)
- Basics of 3D programming with Babylon.js
- Rendering scenes, meshes, materials, textures, lights
- Working with cameras
- Adding mobile support
- Representing a 3D solar system for educational apps
- Creating beautiful environments with skyboxes
- Exporting Blender models into Babylon.js applications
- Adding Babylon.js apps to existing websites
*Native WebGL programming with the GLSL language is not included in this course. We want to focus only on technologies you can quickly incorporate in your existing workflow, and we believe there is no reason to learn GLSL unless you want to create your own WebGL framework, so we don’t cover this technology in the course.
This course was created by Pablo Farias Navarro, founder of ZENVA and author of over 40 online courses on game, web and app development, including The Complete Mobile Game Development Course – Build 15 Games, funded via Kickstarter. Pablo has created educational content in HTML5 game development for companies such as Amazon and Intel, and has run programming workshops at the HTML5 Developer Conference in San Francisco.
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
A web server to run the examples
Download Blender, a free program
The more Math knowledge you have, the more things you can do with Babylon.js