Audio Effects and Soundtracks in Unity Games 
Sound effects have the power to make or break your game, by either adding to the immersion or ruining it. Learn how to edit sound effects and add that little extra detail that will go a long way with this Unity Audio course.
- 1.5 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.5 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on game audio, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Gameplay, storyline, graphics – they’re all things we judge whenever we play a game. However, we shouldn’t underestimate the power of sound in videogames. It’s such a powerful tool, yet easily dismissed. Sound plays a huge role in a game’s immersion – from hearing your own footsteps to the ones of your enemies’, you’ll want to give players’ the best experience they can have, and a lot can be accomplished by paying attention to details – sound effects being one of them! This course will guide you through the basics, so here’s what you’ll be learning:
What you’ll learn
- Start from the beginning – Create a new Project and import the Assets included in the Course
- Learn about the Inspector tab – learn how to extract information like colors, materials from an existing asset and use it on instances of that object in your game
- Now that your scene is ready – learn about adding an Audio Source to your scene and about the Audio Listener property
- Test how different actions use different sounds like footsteps/walking/running
- Learn about the Audio Range and learn how to reduce/amplify it
- Learn about 2D and 3D Sounds and about the Spatial Blend property to make your sounds more immersive
- Learn to manipulate the volume so that sounds react to the player’s actions
- Organize your objects so that you can easily update similar audio sources
- Learn about adding variety to your scene by updating the Pitch property – write a script to randomly generate the value of the property
- Audio Mixing – add multiple sounds to your game using the Audio Mixer and learn to mix them in a way that will emphasize the game while complimenting each other
- Add Reverb Zones to your game – learn to adjust your sounds based on the environment
- Learn about the Doppler Effect – and use it to add more realism to your game
- Edit your sounds files – learn to use Audacity – a industry standard sound editor that is also FREE
- Extra – Learn a lot of useful tips and tricks on how to use the Unity Editor interface!
Learn with fully authorized courses
This curriculum has been extensively reviewed and authorized by Unity Technologies, the company behind the Unity Engine.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, our approved Unity courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 2017.3
Your Courses, Your Way
All of our project-based courses are designed to be flexible – you can access courses 24/7 to fit them around your schedule, and choose the learning materials that suit you best.
You can even download your course videos and watch them offline using the Zenva app, available on iOS and Android.
Learn from World-Class Instructors
Our course instructors participate in elite developer programs and have been recognized for their demonstrated excellence in development and teaching.
That way, you can be confident that you’re learning the most up-to-date content from industry experts.
Interactive Lessons with Codemurai
Our unlimited access package comes with free access to all of the courses in our mobile app, Codemurai!
Available on iOS and Android, it’s full of interactive programming lessons and exercises so you can continue your learning on the go.
Achieve Real Results
Our community of 1,000,000+ learners and developers have used the skills learned with us to publish their own games and websites, land their dream jobs, and even start their own businesses – and you have the potential to do the same!
Check out what our learners think below:
I love the lectures, concise course objectives, and how they not only teach you enough to get started, but prepare you for the advanced stuff later down the road.
– Mihir Patel
With Zenva, I started learning a more accurate way to approach problems and develop solutions. It’s full of interesting topics that I love to learn in conjunction with my work.
– Monica Mancusi
I chose Zenva because of the large selection of topics and the fact that I can choose what courses I want to take whenever I want to take them. That level of freedom is unique to Zenva.
– Craig Bickford
The Unity courses at Zenva helped me achieve a level of comfort with game development that I didn’t think was possible. They give you the confidence to expand your skills, and were so easy to understand.
– Andrea Cardenas-Roeder
- Having Unity installed in your computer
- Basic to intermediate Unity skills
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
- Access all 250+ courses
- New courses added monthly
- Cancel anytime
- Certificates of completion