Build cutting edge mobile applications with AR experiences!
Augmented reality is one of the most in-demand technologies in software development these days. AR applications are being used for everything from entertainment to business job-training – particularly thanks to the rampant spread of smartphones. Regardless of personal goals or skills, investing into creating AR apps can not only be a lucrative career move, but allow you to access new audiences with novel, never before seen products that combine the virtual and real worlds.
Through this free augmented reality course, you will create a simple object spawning AR app that allows users to place virtual objects “in the real world” using their Android or iOS device’s camera. You’ll accomplish this while learning key skills with AR Foundation, Unity’s cross-platform API package that allows you to develop for Android and iOS devices simultaneously – no extra development kit required. By the end, you’ll be prepared to create more robust augmented reality apps and games, and have enhanced your skills to the next level.
You will learn how to:
- Download and configure AR Foundation within Unity
- Use your device’s camera to automatically detect planes
- Set up placement indicators to determine virtual object positions
- Implement tap gestures that allow users to spawn simple objects into the “real world”
- Build your augmented reality app to Android and iOS