Learn HTML and CSS by Creating a Responsive Company Website
Take the first step to becoming a professional web developer!
This title is part of the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
Take the first step to becoming a professional web developer
In this 2-hour course you’ll learn the basics of HTML, CSS and responsive web design. Throughout the course, you’ll be building a professional looking company website, designed for both desktop computer and mobile phones.
Why is learning HTML so important?
- Learning HTML and CSS are good first steps on the road to become a software developer. A rewarding and high demand profession in the innovation economy.
- If you are not interested in becoming a professional coder, this course will make you more effective when working and communicating with developers.
- It’s fun! There are few things more rewarding than being able to create my own websites, mobile apps and games.
What you will learn in this course:
- How to create a stunning, responsive company website
- Understanding the role of HTML and CSS in web development
- HTML tags to make sleek static web pages with links and images
- Creating forms, the most popular way to capture user input on the web
- HTML lists
- Display your data with tables
- Selecting and modifying elements with CSS
- Arrange your content with the CSS Box Model
- Typography and Google Fonts to make professional websites
- Responsive web design principles to create a responsive page
Software developer and founder of ZENVA. Since 2012, Pablo has been teaching online how to create games, apps and websites to over 250,000 students, and has created content for companies such as Amazon and Intel.
Member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and regular speaker at the HTML5 Developer Conference, Pablo has run live programming and game development workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
About the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
- A web browser
- A code editor