Master strategy game mechanics for city-building games – all while creating your own from scratch! Step-by-step, you’ll develop an isometric, turn-based city-builder where you can place various buildings and calculate the resources that they generate. You’ll learn powerful systems to deal with resource management, and master other crucial game techniques that can be applied to many other types of strategy games.
You will learn how to:
- Implement a camera that can pan and zoom
- Set up a grid-based building placement system
- Detect mouse clicks in 3D space
- Add different buildings that can be selected
- Calculate resources based on buildings constructed
- Relay game information with a UI
… and more!
Unity Certified Experts
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their programming excellence.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.