In this course, you learn how to build a 3D game With Unity and Blender. This course is unique because we make both the code and the art for the game from scratch. We teach you the fundamentals of designing, coding, and modeling a 3D game.
First, you design the game “The Legend of Zenda” and its functionality in Unity. You learn how to code in C# and build video game levels. Don’t worry if you’ve never coded before. We start simple and add more to the game as the course goes on.
Unity is one of the most popular platforms in game development. You can use Unity to build 2D and 3D games. Unity is cross-platform, which means it is easy to use with other platforms.
Then you create the 3D models for the game in Blender. You build all the art assets for the game, including the characters, weapons, cannon, dungeon, and temple. You learn how to integrate your art from Blender into Unity.
Blender, like Unity, is a popular production suite that is free to download. Blender is a revolutionary tool for making 3D art digitally. With Blender, you can make art assets for games, like we do in this course.
Even if you’re not an artist, you can make basic art models. You may have heard of Axiom Verge and Stardew Valley. These games are million-dollar successes. But did you know that only one person made each?
Usually, it takes a whole team of people to build a game. But creators Thomas Happ and Eric Barone developed and designed their games by themselves. Now they’re millionaires. You can do it, too.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to learn Unity or Blender.
- Anyone who wants to learn game development.
- This course assumes you know a little about Unity3D and Blender
What Will I Learn?
- Build a “Legend of Zenda” game in Unity3D from scratch.
- Navigate the Unity editor.
- Code in C#.
- Use Blender and navigate its interface.
- UV map and unwrap your models.
- Build 3D models for the game in Blender.
- Integrate the art from Blender into Unity.
- Build video game levels.
- Create your own materials.
- Learn the basics of animation.