Create a top-down, 2D micro-RPG in Unity. As you build this simple but exciting game, you will learn a variety of skills necessary to create a full-fledged RPG, from different types of interactable objects to enemies and experience systems. Master the basics and learn transferable skills that can be applied to your larger projects.
You will learn how to:
- Set up basic Tilemaps with Unity’s Tilemap system
- Develop players and enemies that can move and attack each other
- Implement a simple experience system
- Use Unity’s UI elements to display health, money, and other data
- Control Unity’s camera to follow the player
- Build a dynamic interaction system that works for a variety of objects (doors, chest, loot, etc.)