Master the basics of virtual reality development by building a micro-VR game in the popular Unity engine. In this course, you will take some ready-made assets and put together a small, outdoor grilling VR experience with hand controllers and teleportation mechanics. Further, this course will show you how to adjust your game to be deployed on a variety of VR devices – including Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, Oculus Go, SteamVR, and Windows Mixed Reality – so that you are ready to develop for any VR rig.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the difference between virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality
- Create an environment for grilling and change the color of assets
- Set up Unity for a variety of VR devices
- Implement hand controllers that can pick up and place objects down
- Develop a teleportation system so players can move around the map