Strengthen your C++ game development skills by creating a roguelike game with the popular Simple and Fast Multimedia Library (SFML). You will be shown how to utilize SFML’s multimedia capabilities to build a 2D project where the player avoids moving enemies and navigates a dungeon to reach the exit. These foundations for user interaction, adding graphics, building dungeons, and more can also be expanded – providing you with important skills to pursue future C++ game projects.
You will learn how to:
- Set up SFML game projects
- Draw sprites to the screen
- Construct tile-based maps with C++
- Detect user input for player movement
- Move enemies to available spaces randomly
- Implement logic for ending the game
… and more!