This course has been deprecated and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on React and web development, consider subscribing to our evergreen curriculums with a Zenva subscription.
This course will teach you how to create a fully-featured to-do app from scratch, connected to a local database using ReactJS. You’ll also learn how to deploy it online, so that you can both use it, and easily show it on your resume or personal website as part of your portfolio. You will be shown how to install React Developer Tools and Node.js, understand how React differs from jQuery and Angular, and learn to transform your HTML code to React Code in order to create a fully configured React app in five minutes without using NPM.
Throughout the course, you will master:
- Improving your App’s aesthetics with a 3rd party UI library
- Storing your To-dos with component state
- Updating states based on user interaction
- Reducing the complexity of your app with component props
- Extracting data from input elements with the React event
- Use JSON Server to create a fake database to store data
- Use lifecycle methods to perform certain tasks at different stages of the React component’s life
- Learn about GET, POST and DELETE requests
- Understand the basics of Heroku and how to deploy your app to it with only a few lines of code
- Use a reverse proxy to make development and deployment simpler
About the Author
Rasheed Bustamam is a full-stack engineer, whose day-to-day roles include training enterprise clients to adapt NodeJS as the foundation of their web applications stack. Outside of the job, he enjoys writing and creating courses to help people become more proficient in their web development careers.
When he’s not working or training, he can usually be found binge watching series or playing board games with his wife.