This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on C++, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Develop important programming skills by learning the fundamentals of C++, one of the most universal and in-demand programming languages in the development industry.
C++ is a general-purpose language known both for its efficiency to perform tasks quicker than other languages, as well as its popularity as a code base for both programs and games. The language features both modern coding practices, such as object-oriented programming, as well as advanced features such as memory management. Overall, its wide-spread nature and ability to handle high-end, process-heavy tasks of any sort make it one of the most used languages for many coding projects.
Through this course, you will be shown all the foundations needed to understand how to write C++ programs in the context of a game project and gain the knowledge needed to expand into your own C++ projects.
You will learn how to:
- Set up a C++ project and compile the code
- Print out certain output based on user input
- Deal with common language features such as variables, operators, and functions
- Understand pointers and how they relate to memory management
- Control a program’s flow with conditions, loops, and more
- Work with object-oriented programming principles
… and more!