Chat and Player Enhancements for Phaser MMORPGs
- 2.3 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 2.3 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Enhance your Phaser-based multiplayer games by learning to add a chat system and various player enhancements. Using a Phaser MMORPG, Express, and Socket.IO (a library for real-time communication), you will set up various customizations for your game with avatar selection and variable screen sizes. You will also master chat systems, allowing you to implement unique, interactive experiences for each player which will increase your game’s appeal and overall polish.
You will learn how to:
- Scale all scenes automatically based on the window’s size
- Set up a character select scene with properly sized sprites
- Send character selection feedback to display custom chosen avatars to all players
- Create dialog windows to display chat text
- Implement chat-related events to allow for messages to be sent by players
- Coordinate chat dialogue with Socket.IO to display to all players
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Knowledge with using Node.js, NPM, Phaser, Docker, Webpack, and Babel.