Construct a Remote Control Car for AR
Create an AR remote control car for Unity and the cross-platform development package AR Foundation and let users control it with their Android or iOS device.
- 0.8 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 0.8 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Build a virtual remote control car and then bring it to life with the power of augmented reality using your mobile device’s camera. Not only will you learn how to set up the movement and UI controls for a 3D modeled car, but also how to use Unity and the AR Foundation package for cross-platform development to place and drive your car in the physical world. Further, you will also take the first steps into occlusion – the process of hiding virtual objects with real-world physical objects – to further blur the line between the virtual and real-world space.
You will learn how to:
- Create and place a 3D modeled car in AR
- Script a car model for typical car movement (acceleration, turning, etc.)
- Detect AR planes for your car to drive on
- Implement UI elements to control your AR car
- Set up basic occlusion to hide your car when blocked by physical objects (e.g. under tables)
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic understanding of Unity and C#
- Existing knowledge of AR Foundation and how to build apps to mobile devices
- You must have an Android or iOS device compatible with AR Foundation.