Controllable Human Animations with Unity and Mixamo
Interested in giving your games and projects a more human touch? Jump into any game by creating your own playable human character with Unity and Mixamo!
This title is part of the Game Development Mini-Degree – Build 2D, 3D, Mobile, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality Games
Tired of searching for the perfect character animation for your game? Want to learn more about animations to add a personal touch? You’ve come to the right place!
This step-by-step course will guide you through the basics of creating your own playable character, including animating them and scripting your animations.
Learning about character animations and how to create them will enable you to create wondrous new characters for your game, or editing existing ones to add that personal touch you’re looking for.
What you’ll learn
By the end of this course you’ll be able to
- Understand the basics of human animations – rigging, bones, how and why humanoid animations are different than non-human ones
- Understand Unity’s Animator component and how to use the Animator Controller to make your character move
- Create your own controllable human character
- Use Mixamo to rig a simple humanoid model
Included in this course
In our course, you’ll benefit from:
- Not having to rely on someone else to edit your animations — you’ll be able to create your own!
- Having permanent 24/7 access to the course content and material – learn at your own pace, wherever and whenever!
- Access to the course discussion lounge, through which you can connect with other students and have your questions answered
- A certificate of completion, demonstrating and validating your proficiency in the above subject matter and material
We’ve been teaching development and programming to over 200,000 satisfied students since 2012 — immerse yourself in learning and development with our course today
About the Game Development Mini-Degree
The Game Development Mini-Degree is the most extensive assortment of courses dedicated to shaping you into a master of various fields in game development. Whether you’re a novice, or an adept game developer, this Mini-Degree is what you need to learn the latest in game development. You’ll pick up a whole slew of new technologies ranging from 2D, 3D, Mobile, and Web-based games, to Augmented and Virtual Reality projects. Enroll in the greatest game development bundle this side of the galaxy today.
Basic to intermediate Unity and C# skills.
During the course you'll need to create a free Adobe account to use their Mixamo service.