Craft a Mario-Style Platformer in Phaser 3
Become a master at creating arcade-style platformer games with Phaser 3
- 2 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 2 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
With the massive resurgence of classic, arcade-style games, knowing how to make your own platformer is a must for any game developer. The great news is that with Phaser 3, this is easier than ever before! This course will walk you through creating your own platformer game – similar to that of Donkey Kong or Super Mario Bros – completely from scratch!
As you build the game, you will be given a grounded understanding of all of the basics of platformer game creation – knowledge that you can apply to creating your own unique game projects.
You’ll learn all about:
Phaser’s Arcade System
- Learn the basics of arcade physics
- Create new Arcade sprites
- Discover how to enable physics in existing Sprites
Movable and Immovable Objects
- Understand the difference between static and dynamic bodies
- How to disable bodies to make bodies immovable
- Creating tile sprites
- Detecting collision and overlap
- Implementing and animating walking and jumping mechanics
- Detecting player inpunt (via arrow/cursor key presses)
- Restricting player movement to the world bounds
- Detecting when a sprite is being blocked
- Creating a looped event
- Generating barrels which bounce off level edges
- Destroying barrels after a certain point in time
- Learn about how you can recycle your objects with object pooling so you don’t have destroy them
….and much more!
Frameworks and tools covered: Phaser 3.9.0, npm 5.6, Node.js 8.11
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic understanding of Phaser
- Familiarity with working with sprites and scenes, and with setting up a development environment /li>
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
- Access all 200+ courses
- New courses added monthly
- Cancel anytime
- Certificates of completion