With the massive resurgence of classic, arcade-style games, knowing how to make your own platformer is a must for any game developer. The great news is that with Phaser 3, this is easier than ever before! This course will walk you through creating your own platformer game – similar to that of Donkey Kong or Super Mario Bros – completely from scratch!
As you build the game, you will be given a grounded understanding of all of the basics of platformer game creation – knowledge that you can apply to creating your own unique game projects.
You’ll learn all about:
Phaser’s Arcade System
- Learn the basics of arcade physics
- Create new Arcade sprites
- Discover how to enable physics in existing Sprites
Movable and Immovable Objects
- Understand the difference between static and dynamic bodies
- How to disable bodies to make bodies immovable
- Creating tile sprites
- Detecting collision and overlap
- Implementing and animating walking and jumping mechanics
- Detecting player inpunt (via arrow/cursor key presses)
- Restricting player movement to the world bounds
- Detecting when a sprite is being blocked
- Creating a looped event
- Generating barrels which bounce off level edges
- Destroying barrels after a certain point in time
- Learn about how you can recycle your objects with object pooling so you don’t have destroy them
….and much more!