This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on Unity, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Learn to create a fully playable City Builder Game with this comprehensive course! This tutorial will guide through the steps needed to create a 3D Isometric Turn Based City Builder game, which you can customize by adding new types of buildings, resources and management formulas to make it into the city builder you always wanted to play.
This tutorial will also give you tips and tricks for getting the most out of game play, from how to add different buildings to your game, to maximising your revenue and population through resource management.
What you’ll learn
- Set the scene with world objects and UI
- Define a Building Class to create different building types, and to add Road Objects to your city map
- Create a Board Object and controllers to allow users to add and remove buildings through the city grid
- Build a Camera Controller, and implement actions like Pan and Zoom
- Customize your game by adding information like food, population and formulas
- Implement a Turn-Based System and a UI Controller – each turn will update the resources available, display it on screen, and help you decide what to do next
Learn with fully authorized courses
This curriculum has been extensively reviewed and authorized by Unity Technologies, the company behind the Unity Engine.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, our approved Unity courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.