Create a City Building Game with Unity
Learn how to create a 3D isometric city building game – manage resources to increase your population and revenue!
This title is part of the Unity Game Development Mini-Degree – Build 2D, 3D, Mobile, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality Games
Learn to create a fully playable City Builder Game with this comprehensive course! This tutorial will guide through the steps needed to create a 3D Isometric Turn Based City Builder game, which you can customize by adding new types of buildings, resources and management formulas to make it into the city builder you always wanted to play.
This tutorial will also give you tips and tricks for getting the most out of game play, from how to add different buildings to your game, to maximising your revenue and population through resource management.
What you’ll learn
- Set the scene with world objects and UI
- Define a Building Class to create different building types, and to add Road Objects to your city map
- Create a Board Object and controllers to allow users to add and remove buildings through the city grid
- Build a Camera Controller, and implement actions like Pan and Zoom
- Customize your game by adding information like food, population and formulas
- Implement a Turn-Based System and a UI Controller – each turn will update the resources available, display it on screen, and help you decide what to do next
About the Unity Game Development Mini-Degree
The Unity Game Development Mini-Degree is the most extensive assortment of courses dedicated to shaping you into a master of various fields in game development. Whether you’re a novice, or an adept game developer, this Mini-Degree is what you need to learn the latest in game development. You’ll pick up a whole slew of new technologies ranging from 2D, 3D, Mobile, and Web-based games, to Augmented and Virtual Reality projects. Enroll in the greatest game development bundle this side of the galaxy today.
What Our Members Are Saying
- Basic to intermediate C# skills