Create a City Building Game with Unity
Learn how to create a 3D isometric city building game – manage resources to increase your population and revenue!
- 2.6 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 2.6 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Learn to create a fully playable City Builder Game with this comprehensive course! This tutorial will guide through the steps needed to create a 3D Isometric Turn Based City Builder game, which you can customize by adding new types of buildings, resources and management formulas to make it into the city builder you always wanted to play.
This tutorial will also give you tips and tricks for getting the most out of game play, from how to add different buildings to your game, to maximising your revenue and population through resource management.
What you’ll learn
- Set the scene with world objects and UI
- Define a Building Class to create different building types, and to add Road Objects to your city map
- Create a Board Object and controllers to allow users to add and remove buildings through the city grid
- Build a Camera Controller, and implement actions like Pan and Zoom
- Customize your game by adding information like food, population and formulas
- Implement a Turn-Based System and a UI Controller – each turn will update the resources available, display it on screen, and help you decide what to do next
Learn with fully authorized courses
This curriculum has been extensively reviewed and authorized by Unity Technologies, the company behind the Unity Engine.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, our approved Unity courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 2017.2
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic to intermediate C# skills
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
- Access all 200+ courses
- New courses added monthly
- Cancel anytime
- Certificates of completion