This title is part of the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree – Build VR Games and Experiences with Unity
In this course we’ll be using the Open Source VRTK library which allows developers to quickly create prototypes in VR using Unity. This library supports SteamVR-compatible headsets (HTC Vive, Oculus Touch), the Oculus SDK, Google Daydream and GearVR. Through out this module we cover different locomotion and interaction components in VRTK.
By the end of the course students will have built a deep-sensory VR experience: a rock climbing experience where the player uses their hands to climb up a giant rock.
- Creating Room-Scale experiences using the VRTK library
- Working with external SDK’s (SteamVR) and the Simulator (for those who don’t have a VR headset)
- Interacting, grabbing, throwing, “using” objects with the controllers
- Locomotion techniques: pointer teleportation, arm swinging to move, climbing
- Building a deep-sensory experience: rock climbing
About the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree
The VR Mini-Degree is the world’s most comprehensive training on VR game development, where you will learn and master the foundations of C#, Unity and VR by building practical projects. Whether your goal is to make VR games for fun, do a startup in this exciting field, or become a professional Unity development, this training series contains everything you need to reach your goals.
Learn more and enroll HERE