This course has been deprecated and is no longer supported. For our latest curriculum on Virtual Reality, please visit the Virtual Reality Mini-Degree
In this course we’ll be using the Open Source VRTK library (version 1.x) which allows developers to quickly create prototypes in VR using Unity. This library supports SteamVR-compatible headsets (HTC Vive, Oculus Touch), the Oculus SDK, Google Daydream and GearVR. Through out this module we cover different locomotion and interaction components in VRTK.
By the end of the course students will have built a deep-sensory VR experience: a rock climbing experience where the player uses their hands to climb up a giant rock.
- Creating Room-Scale experiences using the VRTK library
- Working with external SDK’s (SteamVR) and the Simulator (for those who don’t have a VR headset)
- Interacting, grabbing, throwing, “using” objects with the controllers
- Locomotion techniques: pointer teleportation, arm swinging to move, climbing
- Building a deep-sensory experience: rock climbing
Learn with a fully authorized course
This course has been extensively reviewed and authorized by Unity Technologies, the company behind the Unity Engine.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, our approved Unity courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.