Dive into strategy game development by learning mechanics for one of its most popular subgenres: tower defense games.
Using the powerful Unity engine, you’ll build a tower defense game from scratch while exploring a variety of core features needed for the genre, including tower placement, enemy wave spawning, and more. You’ll gain skills in creating expandable and adaptable systems for any sort of tower defense project, along with fundamental programming skills in Unity (such as Scriptable Objects) that can easily be translated into other strategy games.
You will learn how to:
- Create paths for enemies to follow
- Spawn enemies in customizable waves
- Place towers with UI indicators
- Track health and money for gameplay control
- Implement different towers and attack types
- Set up win and defeat game over conditions
… and more!
Unity Certified Experts
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their programming excellence.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.