Create and Manage Huge Worlds
Develop the skills necessary to create beautiful and performant worlds for any Unity game.
- 0.9 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 0.9 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Set up huge worlds for your games in Unity and learn to control them professionally and efficiently. Through this course’s project, you will use various terrain tools to generate your own giant world and master all the techniques needed to improve its performance. Explore new worlds in your game, while providing a smooth gaming experience.
You will learn how to:
- Work with height maps and texture paints to create beautiful terrains
- Split your terrain up into manageable chunks
- Show and hide chunks based on their distance from the camera
- Understand “Level of Detail” (LOD) and use it for efficient rendering
- Implement fog effects to hide chunk transitions
Learn with Certified Instructors
This curriculum has been designed by a Unity Certified Instructor, in collaboration with Unity Certified Programmers, who have been recognized by Unity Technologies for their demonstrated excellence in Unity skills and teaching.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva's courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 2019.2, L3DT Standard Edition 16.05, Dvornik Split Terrain, Unity FPS Controller
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of C# and Unity