Create Detailed and Poseable Characters in Adobe Illustrator
Learn how to create your own game character in adobe illustrator. Game Character Design workflows, tips and tricks
This product is no longer available
This course has been deprecated and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on graphic design, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
This course is created for student’s who would like to learn a solid workflow in character creation and detailing. The course is designed so that we will start from a concept sketch and bring our concept to life with help of adobe illustrator. This course is for intermediate to advanced users of illustrator who want’s to learn or polish their character creation skills. I have included my own concept art which I will detail and optimize for animation throughout the entire course. But you can also bring in your own character sketches and use the workflows in the course and apply it to your own. The course is about 3 hours long, and I go in-depth in creating your character from conception to completion.
Anyone who would like to learn new workflows for game character design, or just improve their character creation skills are encouraged to take the course.
What am I going to learn in this course?
- Create animation ready 2D game characters
- Master texturing workflows for 2d characters using Adobe Illustrator
- Learn how to block-in, shade and texture characters
- Confidently create their own detailed and animation-ready character from scratch
What is the target audience?
- Student’s who would like to learn a solid character creation workflow
- Student’s who would like to step up their illustrator skills in terms of shading and character detailing.
- Student’s who want to prep up their characters for animation
- This is not a how to draw course. You should at least have your own character design in mind and get it ready (on paper or digitally drawn) and you will use the knowledge in this course to texture it and make it animation friendly
- Basic knowledge in illustrator (how to use pen tool, shape builder, blend modes)
- This course assumes that you have full understanding of illustrator tools
- If you do not have your own character sketch, I have provided one for you.
Your Courses, Your Way
All of our project-based courses are designed to be flexible – you can access courses 24/7 to fit them around your schedule, and choose the learning materials that suit you best.
You can even download your course videos and watch them offline using the Zenva app, available on iOS and Android.
Learn from World-Class Instructors
Our course instructors participate in elite developer programs and have been recognized for their demonstrated excellence in development and teaching.
That way, you can be confident that you’re learning the most up-to-date content from industry experts.
Interactive Lessons with Codemurai
Our unlimited access package comes with free access to all of the courses in our mobile app, Codemurai!
Available on iOS and Android, it’s full of interactive programming lessons and exercises so you can continue your learning on the go.
Achieve Real Results
Our community of 500,000+ learners and developers have used the skills learned with us to publish their own games and websites, land their dream jobs, and even start their own businesses – and you have the potential to do the same!
Check out what our learners think below:
I love the lectures, concise course objectives, and how they not only teach you enough to get started, but prepare you for the advanced stuff later down the road.
– Mihir Patel
With Zenva, I started learning a more accurate way to approach problems and develop solutions. It’s full of interesting topics that I love to learn in conjunction with my work.
– Monica Mancusi
I chose Zenva because of the large selection of topics and the fact that I can choose what courses I want to take whenever I want to take them. That level of freedom is unique to Zenva.
– Craig Bickford
The Unity courses at Zenva helped me achieve a level of comfort with game development that I didn’t think was possible. They give you the confidence to expand your skills, and were so easy to understand.
– Andrea Cardenas-Roeder
Free Trial of Adobe Illustrator
This is not a how to draw course. I will guide you how to approach parts of your character and detail them properly.
Knows how to draw characters already. And have your own character that you want to detail in illustrator.
This course does not cover animation of characters.
Intermediate knowledge of illustrator (moving around in the interface, creating shapes, using pen tool, shape-builder).