Create REST APIs with Express and MongoDB
Learn to create a simple REST API from scratch with Express and Mongo DB.
This title is part of the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
REST APIs are a crucial tool in modern web development and widely used in production applications. In this course, you will be given a fundamental understanding of REST APIs and the conventions behind them. You will learn how to create a simple REST API from the ground up, and how to secure it with JSON Web Tokens (JWTs).
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Set up Express
- Build a simple get/post API
- Understand JWTs
- Develop and authentication flow using REST
- The different REST types… and more.
About the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
What Our Members Are Saying
- Having a Terminal and a Text Editor installed on your machine
- Having Postman installed on your machine
- Basic understanding of Node, Express and MongoDB
- No experience with REST APIs required