Create REST APIs with Express and MongoDB
Learn to create a simple REST API from scratch with Express and Mongo DB.
- 1.7 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.7 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
REST APIs are a crucial tool in modern web development and widely used in production applications. In this course, you will be given a fundamental understanding of REST APIs and the conventions behind them. You will learn how to create a simple REST API from the ground up, and how to secure it with JSON Web Tokens (JWTs).
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Set up Express
- Build a simple get/post API
- Understand JWTs
- Develop an authentication flow using REST
- The different REST types… and more.
Frameworks and tools covered: Node.js 8.11.1, npm 5.6, Express 4.16.3, nodemon 1.17.3, MongoDB CLI 4.0.1, Mongoose 5.0.13, Bcrypt 2.0.0, Passport.js 0.4.0, Passport JWT 4.0, Body Parser 1.18.2, JSON WebToken 8.2.1, Lodash 4.17.5, Babel 1.6.1
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Having a Terminal and a Text Editor installed on your machine
- Having Postman installed on your machine
- Basic understanding of Node, Express and MongoDB
- No experience with REST APIs required
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
- Access all 200+ courses
- New courses added monthly
- Cancel anytime
- Certificates of completion