This course has been deprecated and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on Unity, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Understand the basics of Unity but don’t know how to link them together? Learn to tie different elements together as you make a simple Unity game. Featuring a playable cube that can move, jump, and collect coins, the player will collect coins and attack enemies as they progress through the levels. Complete with a main menu and a pause menu, this game will provide the foundations needed to succeed with game development.
You will learn how to:
- Set up a new project and its folder structure
- Create, move, rotate, scale and snap objects
- Calculate movement based on input
- Collide with objects using a rigidbody
- Enemy movement using a waypoint system
- Write a Game Manager (loading new levels, exiting the game)
- Implement object tags
… and more!
Learn with fully authorized courses
This curriculum has been extensively reviewed and authorized by Unity Technologies, the company behind the Unity Engine.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, our approved Unity courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.