Want to build apps that can access databases, aggregate information and display them to the user? Then you need to learn how to work with Application Programming Interfaces (or APIs). Learn what they are and how to implement them as you build an app that provides the user with information about upcoming fireworks displays in Queensland, that is searchable by suburb, time, and features a sleek and intuitive UI.
You will learn how to:
- Connect to an API (one of the QLD Government Data Sets)
- Test in Postman – an API development environment
- Import the data into Unity
- Use Unity’s UI system to create a dynamic and responsive app
- Work with UI aspects and components (such as anchoring, positioning, layout groups and more)
- Work with render textures to display particle effects on top of the UI