Data-Driven Development with External APIs
Discover how to use APIs to create apps that can access databases, aggregate information and display them to the user.
- 1.7 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.7 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Want to build apps that can access databases, aggregate information and display them to the user? Then you need to learn how to work with Application Programming Interfaces (or APIs). Learn what they are and how to implement them as you build an app that provides the user with information about upcoming fireworks displays in Queensland, that is searchable by suburb, time, and features a sleek and intuitive UI.
You will learn how to:
- Connect to an API (one of the QLD Government Data Sets)
- Test in Postman – an API development environment
- Import the data into Unity
- Use Unity’s UI system to create a dynamic and responsive app
- Work with UI aspects and components (such as anchoring, positioning, layout groups and more)
- Work with render textures to display particle effects on top of the UI
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic experience in Unity and C#.