Create a simple platformer in Unity with obstacles, keys, locked doors, and more. Through this course, you will learn several advanced mechanics to create a more puzzle-oriented platformer that challenges your player to explore and unlock color-coded doors. Start your new project today, and make your own tomb diving adventure.
You will learn how to:
- Setup player controllers (walking, jumping, collecting items, etc.)
- Utilize Tilemaps and Tilemap collisions to create interesting levels
- Implement hazards, ladders, keys, and more to encourage player exploration
- Develop a system to unlock doors based on colored keys
- Manage saving, loading, and scene transitions for a connected gameplay experience
- Make a UI system to record a player’s number of keys and more