Develop a Technology Tree for Strategy Games
Build your own hierarchical technology trees in Unity to enhance your strategy game mechanics with researchable tech.
- 2.7 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 2.7 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Create new mechanics for your strategy games by implementing technology trees. In this course, you will learn to set up a robust technology tree system in Unity that allows players to unlock and research various new mechanical upgrades to enhance their gameplay experience. Additionally, learn how to construct a complimentary UI system, which you can use to expand your game projects in novel ways.
You will learn how to:
- Create hierarchical systems that lock and unlock technologies available for research
- Deduct resources or currency when technologies are researched
- Set up event systems that detect a technology’s state and relay it to other game elements
- Build a UI with nodes and connectors instantiated through C#
- Add UI mechanics such as tooltips and panel toggling
- Modify game mechanics based on technologies researched
Learn with Certified Instructors
This curriculum has been designed by a Unity Certified Instructor, in collaboration with Unity Certified Programmers, who have been recognized by Unity Technologies for their demonstrated excellence in Unity skills and teaching.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva's courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 2019.3
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic knowledge of Unity and C#.