Create new mechanics for your strategy games by implementing technology trees. In this course, you will learn to set up a robust technology tree system in Unity that allows players to unlock and research various new mechanical upgrades to enhance their gameplay experience. Additionally, learn how to construct a complimentary UI system, which you can use to expand your game projects in novel ways.
You will learn how to:
- Create hierarchical systems that lock and unlock technologies available for research
- Deduct resources or currency when technologies are researched
- Set up event systems that detect a technology’s state and relay it to other game elements
- Build a UI with nodes and connectors instantiated through C#
- Add UI mechanics such as tooltips and panel toggling
- Modify game mechanics based on technologies researched
Unity Certified Experts
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their programming excellence.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.