Create new mechanics for your strategy games by implementing technology trees. In this course, you will learn to set up a robust technology tree system in Unity that allows players to unlock and research various new mechanical upgrades to enhance their gameplay experience. Additionally, learn how to construct a complimentary UI system, which you can use to expand your game projects in novel ways.
You will learn how to:
- Create hierarchical systems that lock and unlock technologies available for research
- Deduct resources or currency when technologies are researched
- Set up event systems that detect a technology’s state and relay it to other game elements
- Build a UI with nodes and connectors instantiated through C#
- Add UI mechanics such as tooltips and panel toggling
- Modify game mechanics based on technologies researched