Develop a Top-Down Action RPG with Phaser 3
Jump into RPG game development with Phaser 3, and build amazing game worlds where the only limit is your imagination!
- 2.4 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 2.4 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Learn how to make your own multi-level, top-down action RPG game with Phaser 3 and Tiled, and start mastering this ever-popular game style.
Discover how to create playable characters that can move around the map, pick up collectibles, and shoot and take damage from enemies – all while gaining a fundamental understanding of RPG game development concepts, which you can apply to your own unique game projects.
This extraordinarily comprehensive course will teach you how to:
Use Tiled with Phaser 3
- Installing the Tiled Map Editor
- Adding Sprites and Objects to levels
- Create game maps with Tiled and export them into Phaser
Set up your project
- Use Webpack to split your code into multiple files and bundle it into a build file
- Scale your game so that it resizes as the window does.
Work with Levels
- Transition between Phaser scenes to access different levels
- Pass data between scenes to maintain player state between levels
Manage Player and Object Interaction
- Add the player to the game and listen for input to enable player movement
- Handle collisions between the player and game objects in blocked layers
- Update the camera to follow the player
- Creating collectible coins by making sprites interactive
…and much more!
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
$4.99 the first month, then $9.99 / month