Discover AI and State Machines in Unity
Develop your first state machine from scratch. Learn to create smart enemies for your games!
In this course, you will learn the basics of AI and State Machines in Unity through this step-by-step guide to putting together an Enemy AI.
Your Enemy AI will:
- Wander randomly until a player gets close
- Chase players within a certain range
- Attack players within close range
- Return to its wandering state when players get far enough away
You will learn to achieve this with a very simple but extensible State Machine, which you will be shown how to write from scratch. Additionally, you will be guided through setting up the animations, along with simple attack and health systems which are displayed in the UI.
With concepts that can be transferred to a wide range of different game types and scenarios, this course enable you to create more complex and immersive games than ever before.
- Intermediate Unity Skills
- No Experience with AI is required