Learn to implement popular base-building mechanics in your survival game projects. Using a pre-made survival game project made with Unity, you’ll master a variety of skills to integrate crafting with building mechanics that allow players to set up various base structures in the game environment. You’ll also explore adding common functionality like sleeping in base beds, letting you further enhance your game projects with mechanics that can be expanded or used for other genres.
You will learn how to:
- Control when base-building mode is active
- Combine crafting systems with base-building
- Select different building objects to be placed
- Detect applicable building locations
- Implement sleep functionality with beds
- Create interactive, light source campfires
… and more!
Unity Certified Experts
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their programming excellence.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.