Discover jQuery – Create Interactive Websites
Gain the tools and skills needed to create rich, successful and professional-grade web applications.
This title is part of the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
Beginning with a fundamental understanding of what jQuery is and why you should work with it, you will learn the basics of this versatile library as you are guided through the creation of a responsive website which features a shop page and responsive form.
You will learn
- How to work with selection to search for elements (by elements, or by class)
- Traversing – a more efficient way of finding elements than the CSS selectors
- How to work with events
- Incorporating simple animations to improve the user experience
- Manipulating the DOM through dynamically created objects
- Using AJAX to asynchronously load and post information to a local or remote server
About the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
- Google Chrome installed on your computer
- A code editor installed on your computer (an open source editor such as ATOM is fine)