Express for Beginners
Learn the fundamentals of Express, the most popular Web Application Framework used with Node.js.
This title is part of the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
Get acquainted with the Express – the industry standard web development framework for Node.js
This course will introduce you to Express – the most popular Web Application Framework used in conjunction with Node.js runtime. You will be given a step-by-step guide to building your own server, and as you do this, you will master the basics of webapp folder structures and Express Middlewares.
What you will learn:
- Obtaining query parameters and parts of the URL
- Reading a POST form submission in the server
- Rendering a view in the server, and understanding loops and conditional statements
- How to create a hard-coded login screen
About the Full-Stack Web Development Mini-Degree
- Basics in Node.js
- Basic - Intermediate understanding of ES6
- No experience with Express, MongoDB or other database required