Game Character Customization with UMA
Learn how to easily create unique, customizable characters with the Unity Multipurpose Avatar System.
- 1.6 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.6 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
RPGs that provide players with the ability to customize their avatar can significantly improve player experience and maximize their immersion in the game. One of the most popular ways to implement this feature is by using the Unity Multipurpose Avatar System (UMA). Including all of the code needed to build unique characters from simple recipes, and supporting the ability to import custom models and meshes, UMA is downloadable for free on the asset store and makes creating customizable player characters easier than ever.
From downloading and importing UMA, to loading saved characters into your game, this course will provide you with all you need to know to get started with UMA. You will learn how to:
- Understand the concept of Custom DNA, and how it can be used to alter a character’s physical attributes (gender, race, skin, height, muscle, weight, the shape of different features, and more)
- Create customizable hair and wardrobe with a system that handles equipping
- Build and define set character changes for your game
- Rotate the character using a mouse
- Build a sleek UI, featuring sliders for altering DNA attributes, and buttons for changing slots and creating/saving a character
- Link the UI to the UMA character attributes
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic knowledge of Unity and C#