Hand Grabbing Controllers in VR
Create your own adaptable object-grabbing system for virtual reality using your device’s hand controllers and the popular Unity engine.
- 0.9 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 0.9 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Enhance your virtual reality projects by enabling your VR device’s controllers to pick up objects. Learn to implement scripts that will allow your controllers to work within Unity, and that allow users to grab objects naturally – even when objects are thrown. These core skills will allow you to create adaptable VR controller systems for any type of project.
You will learn how to:
- Set up a Unity scene for XR Rig compatibility
- Map buttons on a VR controller to perform certain actions (e.g. grabbing objects)
- Implement colliders and more to make objects grabbable
- Apply physics so that objects can be thrown around and caught
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic understanding of Unity and C#
- VR device with hand controllers