Update Feb 2016 – Added Twitter integration
The “How to create iPhone Flappy Birds inspired iPhone game with Swift” Course is a comprehensive step by step course. You will learn how to put a modern, socially integrated and monetised iPhone game together. The inspiration for the course comes from the world famous game Flappy Birds. Let me be very clear on my next point. The concepts you will learn in this course can be applied to any idea you have for an iPhone game.
In the video lectures and over 7 hours of content, we will start by covering off all the basis to get you going. We will install Xcode and run through the basics of the Xcode environment. We will then moving on quickly to start building the scenes and background to our game. After that we will build the pipes and the main character. Not long after that we will look at introducing physics properties to our game objects. Now are our game is starting to take shape. We can them look at how our user is going to score in the game. Once that is all done we will introduce Chartboost ads to monetise our game. Then we will integrate our game with the biggest and best social media network… Facebook. We will also connect our game up to a Game Center Leaderboard to track our users high scores. This course was originally recorded in Swift 1, but it has been updated to Swift 2.
Once we have complete all of that I will finish off on talking the next steps I think you should take…
I’ve done all the research, read the Swift documentation, searched the web for how to perform certain functions in an iOS game and put all the ideas and concepts into one complete package. There is no need to look any further: This course is a one stop shop to get you started in building your own unique iPhone game.
What are the requirements?
- MAC OSX
- Xcode 7
- Beginner level of programming knowledge
- Or no programming knowledge
- To complete the Game Center Leaderboard part of this course (section 9). You will need to have an Apple Developer Account.
What is the target audience?
- Do you want to develop an iPhone game but you’re just not sure where to start?
- Have you already started to create a game and need some help?
- Do you find yourself trawling the internet for hours but you just can’t find the solution you are looking for?
- People who want to make money from building their own iPhone game
- This course has been designed for someone with a beginner or intermediate level of programming knowledge.