Intermediate C# – Build a Text-Based RPG in Unity
Interested in strengthening your core Computer Science concepts? Build on your C# skills and learn the fundamentals of OOP by making your very own text-based RPG game.
This title is part of the Game Development Mini-Degree – Build 2D, 3D, Mobile, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality Games
Learn and enhance your knowledge of C# and Object-Oriented programming while creating your very own text-based RPG game. This course covers key-aspects of OOP — from classes, inheritance, polymorphism, and encapsulation to interfaces and delegates.
What you’ll learn
By the end of this course, you’ll have a much deeper understanding of OOP and how it can be used to make your own games with Unity and C#. Your goal will be to create a text-based RPG while also learning about
- Classes and objects and how/when to use inheritance
- Encapsulation and how it relates to classes, public and private methods, and variables
- Polymorphism, the difference between overriding and overloading and when to use each to your own advantage
- C# Data Structures – lists, dictionaries, and more
- Lambda functions
- Namespaces, events, and much more!
- Guide your character through a randomly generated dungeon filled with dragons and treasures
- Fight powerful monsters to gain their items and gold
- Too scared to confront what you stumbled upon? Flee the premises, but be aware that this option is not without consequences!
- Find and use powerful relics
- Find and open in-game treasure chests. Or not, who knows what’s in there?
- Increase your current stats — energy, attack, defense — and decide what to do when encountering an opponent by accounting for their own strengths and weaknesses
- The sky’s the limit. You can create your own story, enemies, and items. Imagine the possibilities!
Included in this course
In this course, you’ll also benefit from:
- Augmenting your current knowledge of C# and programming paradigms by understand the core concepts of Object-Oriented Programming
- Having permanent 24/7 access to the course content and material – learn at your own pace, wherever and whenever!
- Access to the course discussion lounge, through which you can connect with other students and have your questions answered
- A certificate of completion, demonstrating and validating your proficiency in the above subject matter and material
We’ve been teaching development and programming to over 200,000 satisfied students since 2012 — immerse yourself in learning and development with our courses
About the Game Development Mini-Degree
The Game Development Mini-Degree is the most extensive assortment of courses dedicated to shaping you into a master of various fields in game development. Whether you’re a novice, or an adept game developer, this Mini-Degree is what you need to learn the latest in game development. You’ll pick up a whole slew of new technologies ranging from 2D, 3D, Mobile, and Web-based games, to Augmented and Virtual Reality projects. Enroll in the greatest game development bundle this side of the galaxy today.
Basic to intermediate knowledge of C# and Unity