This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on Unity game development, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Learn and enhance your knowledge of C# and Object-Oriented programming while creating your very own text-based RPG game. This course covers key-aspects of OOP — from classes, inheritance, polymorphism, and encapsulation to interfaces and delegates.
What you’ll learn
By the end of this course, you’ll have a much deeper understanding of OOP and how it can be used to make your own games with Unity and C#. Your goal will be to create a text-based RPG while also learning about
- Classes and objects and how/when to use inheritance
- Encapsulation and how it relates to classes, public and private methods, and variables
- Polymorphism, the difference between overriding and overloading and when to use each to your own advantage
- C# Data Structures – lists, dictionaries, and more
- Lambda functions
- Namespaces, events, and much more!
- Guide your character through a randomly generated dungeon filled with dragons and treasures
- Fight powerful monsters to gain their items and gold
- Too scared to confront what you stumbled upon? Flee the premises, but be aware that this option is not without consequences!
- Find and use powerful relics
- Find and open in-game treasure chests. Or not, who knows what’s in there?
- Increase your current stats — energy, attack, defense — and decide what to do when encountering an opponent by accounting for their own strengths and weaknesses
- The sky’s the limit. You can create your own story, enemies, and items. Imagine the possibilities!
Learn with Certified Instructors
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their demonstrated excellence in programming.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Included in this course
In this course, you’ll also benefit from:
- Augmenting your current knowledge of C# and programming paradigms by understand the core concepts of Object-Oriented Programming
- Having permanent 24/7 access to the course content and material – learn at your own pace, wherever and whenever!
- Access to the course discussion lounge, through which you can connect with other students and have your questions answered
- A certificate of completion, demonstrating and validating your proficiency in the above subject matter and material
We’ve been teaching development and programming to over 1,000,000 satisfied students since 2012 — immerse yourself in learning and development with our courses today.