This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on augmented reality, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Learn the fundamentals of developing augmented reality applications for high-end Android devices by creating a basic object spawning app. Through this course, you will take the first steps into learning ARCore, Google’s markerless software development kit (SDK), which allows for the creation of augmented reality apps with advanced physical world plane detection. Using the popular Unity engine, you will gain knowledge for not only setting up ARCore to work within Unity, but also how to use the physical world’s environment to effect virtual object placement.
You will learn how to:
- Set up and build AR applications using ARCore in Unity
- Use ARCore to detect planes through your device’s camera
- Implement simple indicators to visually depict where an object will be placed
- Instantiate virtual objects based on the placement indicator’s position
- Estimate real-world lighting to alter the lighting for the application’s objects
- Track 2D images and apply virtual objects to them
Unity Certified Experts
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their programming excellence.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.