Intro to Cloud Deployment with Heroku
Deploy an MMORPG made with Phaser, Node.js, and Express using the services Heroku and MongoDB Atlas to build and operate your game on a cloud-based server.
- 0.8 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 0.8 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Learn to deploy a Phaser-made MMORPG to the cloud with Heroku, and allow players around the world to access your game. This platform as a service (PaaS) builds and operates your programs entirely on the cloud, and through this course, you’ll gain the skills needed to create a publically accessible server – all while letting Heroku handle some of the backend server management for you. Additionally, you’ll learn how to use MongoDB Atlas, another cloud service for deploying and managing your databases, to complete the deployment process for a seamless, multiplayer server setup.
You will learn how to:
- Configure Heroku to deploy your game
- Set up a dedicated MongoDB Atlas cluster to store your database
- Update your code in Express to work with Heroku and MongoDB Atlas
- Deploy your game to Heroku using Heroku’s CLI
- Test your deployment locally and over your Heroku-hosted server
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Knowledge of Node.js, Phaser, and using Terminal/Command Line.