Intro to Multiplayer Game Development
Create a 3D multiplayer game as you learn the fundamentals of networking with Unity and Photon.
- 2.3 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 2.3 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Games that feature networking (allowing players to interact and compete with each other online) is a huge draw for players, making multiplayer games more popular than ever before. This course will guide you through the fundamentals of creating multiplayer games with Photon, one of the world’s most popular networking tools for Unity, as you build a 3D multiplayer game where players compete to capture and hold onto an object.
You will learn how to:
- Use Unity’s UI system (including Canvas, Text, Buttons, Input Fields, Sliders and more)
- Create a menu and lobby system, where players can wait before starting a game
- Implement the player controller (moving, jumping, stealing objects)
- Trigger a timer system
- Sync player movement through the network so that it can be seen by all players
Learn with Certified Instructors
This curriculum has been designed by a Unity Certified Instructor, in collaboration with Unity Certified Programmers, who have been recognized by Unity Technologies for their demonstrated excellence in Unity skills and teaching.
As an Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva's courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.
Frameworks and tools covered: Unity 2019.1, Photon Unity Networking (PUN) SDK 2.1
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Basic experience in C# and Unity
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
- Access all 200+ courses
- New courses added monthly
- Cancel anytime
- Certificates of completion