This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on Unity, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
The most successful apps are increasingly making use of interactive features in order to better engage their audiences. Set yourself ahead of the pack by learning how to implement one of the most innovative features – voice and language recognition – by creating an app that simulates the landing of a Mars rover. Discover how to take advantage of two of the Microsoft Cognitive Services – the Language Understanding service (LUIS.ai) and the Speech-to-Text SDK – to enable the user to activate their rover with commands spoken into the microphone.
You will learn how to:
- Convert audio from the microphone to text using the Speech-to-Text service
- Use LUIS.ai to send a message to the service, pick up intents and entities, and return a JSON file
- Send and receive web requests using Unity’s built-in networking
- Implement a Mover Object, which analyzes the JSON file and uses the information gathered to move
- Test the app using the Postman API Developer Environment
- Build UI elements in Unity, and connect them to the rest of the systems
Courses by Unity Certified Experts
Our course instructors aren’t just fun to learn from – they’re also serious gamers, qualified coders, and have been formally certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA for their excellent programming and teaching skills. That way, you can be confident that you’re developing strong, modern skills that will set you up for success as a game developer.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, our courses are confirmed as being of the highest quality, and as being relevant in today’s industry.