The most successful apps are increasingly making use of interactive features in order to better engage their audiences. Set yourself ahead of the pack by learning how to implement one of the most innovative features – voice and language recognition – by creating an app that simulates the landing of a Mars rover. Discover how to take advantage of two of the Microsoft Cognitive Services – the Language Understanding service (LUIS.ai) and the Speech-to-Text SDK – to enable the user to activate their rover with commands spoken into the microphone.
You will learn how to:
- Convert audio from the microphone to text using the Speech-to-Text service
- Use LUIS.ai to send a message to the service, pick up intents and entities, and return a JSON file
- Send and receive web requests using Unity’s built-in networking
- Implement a Mover Object, which analyzes the JSON file and uses the information gathered to move
- Test the app using the Postman API Developer Environment
- Build UI elements in Unity, and connect them to the rest of the systems
Unity Certified Experts
This curriculum has been designed by instructors who have been certified by Unity Technologies and CompTIA in recognition of their programming excellence.
As a Unity Authorized Learning Partner, Zenva’s courses satisfy the highest standards in terms of both quality and relevancy.