This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on C++, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Develop fundamental C++ programming skills by building your own RPG!
In this course, you will create a text-based, dungeon crawler from scratch using only C++, an in-demand language used in many fields of development. As you build this game, not only will you gain a better understanding of how to apply game coding principles with C++, but also how its task efficiency makes it suitable for high-end game projects. By the end of this course, you will have the skills needed to start pursuing your own game projects (regardless of genre), along with highly transferrable skills that can be applied to other types of C++ based programs.
You will learn how to:
- Create classes to store object information and data
- Set up a player character that can move and explore your dungeon
- Implement enemies and fighting mechanics to challenge players
- Add items and looting mechanics to reward players
- Control the game flow with game over conditions and stats
- Build dungeons and rooms based on class information
… and more!