Explore object-oriented C++ programming – the most popular programming model for creating software.
Object-oriented programming is a paradigm by which developers build their programs around “objects” that contain data and functionality related to that object. Not only is this style of programming a standard industry practice, but one that C++ was purposely created for, making skills with it an essential part of any C++ developer’s toolkit.
Focusing on practical application, you’ll explore how to create objects and classes while learning a variety of techniques for accessing and using the data they contain. You’ll then master these principles by building a text-based dungeon crawler featuring enemies, treasure, and more. Regardless of the path you want to take as a C++ developer, this knowledge will provide you with one of the most important skill sets you’ll need to create robust C++ programs or even pursue a professional programming career.
You will learn how to:
- Create basic classes and objects
- Control how data in objects is accessed
- Manage OOP principles such as inheritance
- Build text-based dungeons with various rooms
- Deal with player and enemy movement
- Setup interaction systems for combat and items
… and more!