Learn to program with Python and Pygame by building a game from scratch!
Python is not only one of the most in-demand languages, but can be used for everything from data science to apps. With the addition of multimedia, you can also make games with Python, which serve both as a fun way to learn programming and a path to building your dream games.
Using Pygame, a set of Python modules designed specifically for game development, you’ll explore a variety of game mechanics useful for many different kinds of projects. You’ll learn techniques for player movement, enemy collisions, adding graphics, and more – all while creating a simple road-crossing game with each step.
By the end, you’ll have a grasp on both fundamental skills for future game projects and practical Python programming knowledge for creating real-world applications!
This course assumes basic familiarity with Python programming.
You will learn how to:
- Implement basic game window functionality
- Draw images to the screen
- Create player and enemy object classes
- Listen for key presses to control movement
- Detect collisions between objects
- Control gameplay flow with winning and losing