This course has been archived and is no longer supported. For our latest courses on web development, consider trying our evergreen curriculums with a 1-Year Unlimited Access Package.
Learn Node.js and run your very own http server, ready to handle client requests, show HTML content and read from files. Thanks to its event-driven system, you’ll be able to handle multiple requests and not worry about the page load time. With no prior knowledge of Node required, you will progress through a series of mini-projects, working up from the basics, including running a “Hello World” test, parsing multiple data types according to their format, and creating a server log file to keep track of and debug your server.
You will learn how to:
- Install Node.js
- Understand the Node loop and how it performs non-blocking I/O operations
- Use third-party packages that can benefit your project
- Request data from different APIs
- Display HTML content to the client
- Read and handle CSV data
- Handle different client requests
- Read from files
- Write to files