Create your first HTML5 game from scratch
Have you ever wanted to create an HTML5 game, but you have no idea where to start?
As far as I can see there isn’t yet a guide which explains how to make games with Phaser from scratch. So here it is.
Have a look at the content, each folder contains the working example of what you should get by following the book.
In depth explanation
Each and every line of code you will find in the book is fully commented, along with pictures to let you preview what you will see on the screen:
Learn by examples
By the end of the book, you will have a complete game made by you, but more important you will know how to make your own game starting from scratch, covering among other things:
- The structure of your Phaser project
- Phaser states
- Preloading images
- Placing images on the stage
- Displaying given frames in a sprite sheet
- Adding interactivity to images by turning them into clickable and touchable buttons
- Giving each button a custom property and accessing it when touched / clicked
- Using timers to schedule events
- Turning the prototype into a real game adding a title screen with soundmute options
- Preloading sounds
- Playing sounds
- Organizing your folders
- Making it run nicely on any mobile device no matter the orientation
About Emanuele Feronato
Emanuele is one of the most prolific game development authors on the web. With 9 years of blogging and over 1500 written tutorials, Emanuele has taught and trained thousands of game programmers by describing the game mechanics of over 130 games in in-depth guides and articles.