Pixel Art with GIMP for Beginners
Want to enhance you games with custom Pixel Art graphics and assets? Learn how it’s possible with GIMP, the the popular open-source image editing and manipulation tool.
- 1.5 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Source Code
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.5 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Source code and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Pixel Art is one of the most popular and recognizable graphic styles in games. Discover how to create modern Pixel Art graphics and assets using GIMP – the free and highly versatile image editing program. From basic asset design steps such as shading and color selection, to character design and dynamic poses, you’ll be creating high-quality games and assets – no experience required. With assets that can be imported into many other programs (such as Unity and Phaser), you’ll gain skills that will enable you to give your games a modern and professional look.
You will learn how to:
- Set up the pencil, eraser, and visibility Grid in GIMP
- Create basic monster forms, such as a slime and a ghoul
- Build a Mario-like character
- Develop and assemble terrain tiles and sets
- Troubleshoot common issues faced by artists and asset designers
About the Instructor
Frameworks and tools covered: GIMP 2.8.22
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- To complete this course you will need to download and install Gimp (free program).
OR access ALL Zenva courses with our subscription.
- Access all 200+ courses
- New courses added monthly
- Cancel anytime
- Certificates of completion