Pixel Art is one of the most popular and recognizable graphic styles in games. Discover how to create modern Pixel Art graphics and assets using GIMP – the free and highly versatile image editing program. From basic asset design steps such as shading and color selection, to character design and dynamic poses, you’ll be creating high-quality games and assets – no experience required. With assets that can be imported into many other programs (such as Unity and Phaser), you’ll gain skills that will enable you to give your games a modern and professional look.
You will learn how to:
- Set up the pencil, eraser, and visibility Grid in GIMP
- Create basic monster forms, such as a slime and a ghoul
- Build a Mario-like character
- Develop and assemble terrain tiles and sets
- Troubleshoot common issues faced by artists and asset designers
About the Instructor