In this course, you’ll learn how create modern graphics and assets using Pixel Art. Augment and visually enhance your games by adding Pixel Art to them!
Best of all, everything is done using the free and open-source image editing program known as GIMP! In addition to learning how to create Pixel Art, you’ll also be taught basic asset design steps, such as shading, color selection, the design process, and much more.
In learning how to create Pixel Art, you’ll also understand, become familiar with, and master the following concepts and utilities
- How to setup the pencil, eraser, and visibility Grid in GIMP
- Creating basic monster forms, such as a slime and a ghoul
- Making a Mario-like character, dynamic poses, and character design
- Developing terrain tiles and sets, and assembling them
- Common problems that artists and asset designers face, and how to resolve them!
The assets, such as the monsters and tiles, can be used in other programs as well — such as Unity or Phaser! So you can take the knowledge and skills from this course and apply them to give your games a modern and complete look.