Procedural 2D Dungeons
Learn to procedurally generate rooms, objects and enemies to create extensive and engaging 2D dungeons
- 1.5 Hours of Video
- Certificate of Completion
- Project Files
- Closed Captions
- On-demand, 24/7 access
- 1.5 hours of video
- Certificate of completion
- Project files and PDF notes
- Closed captions
Dungeons are a key part of many RPGs, and although playing through a dungeon is fun, creating a large dungeon that features varied rooms can very quickly become tedious. Enable your game to do most of this hard work by learning how to procedurally generate your dungeons! In this course, you will be provided with a step-by-step guide on how to procedurally generate multiple rooms in Unity, all of which feature randomly added objects and enemies.
Discover how to:
- Generate the level using Unity Tilemap features
- Dynamically add tiles to the level to act as obstacles
- Randomly add other objects (such as enemies) to your dungeon
- Implement player movement
- Connect generated rooms together
- Add quest goals to your game
- Lock all doors in a dungeon until all enemies have been defeated
😄 Join 500,000+ Learners and Developers
Trusted by a global community of developers, Zenva has provided world-class training on in-demand programming skills since 2012.
Join the ranks of our successful alumni who have gone on to publish games and apps, advance their careers and start companies.
Unlock Your Completion Certificate
By completing any of our courses you’ll be awarded with a certificate with URL verification. Boost your LinkedIn profile with your newly acquired skills and impress potential employers and customers.
- Intermediate Unity skills