Python 101 – Introduction to Programming
Learn the basics of programming with Python 3.6
This course is a sample of lessons from the Python Mini-Degree – 12 Courses to Learn and Master Python
Python is one of the world’s most in-demand programming languages. With endless applications in Machine Learning and AI, web development, and game development, this course will give you the basics of this highly versatile language.
With no prior programming experience required, you will learn all about:
- How to install Python and Pygame (on both Mac and Windows)
- Idle – the environment that will allow you to build and run Python Programs
- How to build a simple Input/Output Python program
- Python language basics:
- Variable syntax and types (ints, floats, booleans, and strings)
- Operator categories (assignment, arithmetic, and conditional)
- Collections (tuples, arrays/lists, dictionaries)
- Control flow (if statements, while loops, for in loops)
About the Python Mini-Degree
The Python Mini-Degree is a bundle of 12 online video courses, that go all the way from teaching you how to code in Python while making a game, to building your own Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) applications using Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course. We'll use Python 3.6 (the installation process is covered in the course).